17 July 2013

's up?

  "Pancakes are awaiting at the end," I huffed and puffed aloud to myself at the 1/4 point in my morning run.  The oppressive humidity and warmer-than-I-enjoy-for-running temperature was threatening and berating me.  I spoke those words as a response to the thought that I could just be finished at the 1/2 point, which is our house. Thankfully, in what seemed like seconds but what was in reality much longer, I noticed by my watch that I had less than two minutes left in the run.

  The promised "Trim Healthy Mama" pancakes were filling and lovely once again, and now after having enjoyed breakfast and a refreshing shower, I am exponentially grateful that I did not wimp out of the remainder of the run.  Words are so powerful and change spiritual atmospheres!

  And speaking of THM, the salmon dip I mentioned in my cheesecake for breakfast post is most delicious.  Three of our daughters also partook in the dip and raved about it's delectable goodness.  I hope I am creating and/or increasing your curiosity about this book and new way of eating because I mean to do so.  While there are some things that to this point I do not feel comfortable sharing explicitly about, including finances and my personal weight details, I can say that I have lost some pounds and some inches already.  I will also say that my belly fat is slowly shrinking, which makes me extremely happy!

  Having said that I will also tell you that I have enjoyed several off plan treats during the month-ish since I began THM eating.  These have included homemade lemon meringue pie, a Jack's doughnut and a Kinser's Bakery doughnut or two.  Some foods are simply too incredibly tasty to pass up, especially when they are on occasion and not as a habit.  (That last sentence is not endorsed by THM, by the way.) The Kinser's Bakery doughnuts could easily become habit forming, which I readily admit and am on guard against.

  Alongside of eating, school planning is back in my focus.  Donna Young created a new version of her lesson planner, and after trying out the new BETA version I have decided to use the new planner.  Cudos and thanks to Donna for the changes she has made which make the planner more flexible and user friendly!  You can read about and view the changes she has made here.  NOTE:  I use her Lesson Planner V3, because I keep track of the grades, GPA and other records separately.  The bells and whistles on the Lesson Planner are not as slick as the V Planner V3, but so far suit my/our needs best at present.  This is a product I value highly!

  Having said that, it's time to start inputting the data into my new Lesson Planner V3.

  What's on your "to do" list today?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...