31 July 2013

Contrariwise

  It could be jealousy (in Christian love, of course).  It could be because I am hurting due to lack of friends.  It could be hormonally induced...

  Well...I take issue with some things she wrote.  I agree that life is hard, but that is not a hope-filled statement.  What about "the joyful anticipation of good in every area of my life"?  Remember "do hard things"?   Am I more concerned about me looking stupid than I am about misrepresenting Jesus?  Do I ever have "control" of my children?  Is it a learning opportunity to think through and recognize that I chose wrongly to begin with, knowing all that was likely to occur?

  Now, do I feel better and smarter than she?  Does this help me to feel like I could be valuable to someone as a friend, even though my blog is not even close to hers in content and eye-appeal?  Naw...actually I feel kinda cheap and small...and still lonely and not so valuable.

  Yeah, this is what happens when I try to provide for myself or to protect myself.  Time to lift my eyes up to God, where my help comes from. 



Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...