11 June 2013

Before Pre-Calculus

 Before I launched into today's Pre-Calculus Lesson (#17 if anyone is counting),  I had to have a snack -- a "Trim Healthy Mama" snack.  Thanks to a dear friend mentioning this book, I have been enjoying food without feeling the negative effects of blood sugar swings while eating lots of yummy foods including sweet treats.

www.trimhealthymama.com



  From pages 256-257, (this hefty book is over 600 pages!), I followed the authors' suggestion to vary the Chocolate Muffin in a Mug to make it more chocolatey and gooey, but still staying within the approved afternoon snack guidelines.  Since I was  feeling incredibly empty, I felt free to indulge.

 The middle of the muffin should be slightly gooey; my microwave must be super-hot, because I should have checked at 30 seconds, and the recommended time was about 1 minute.  I have been struggling to get the timing of this muffin right so that it's the correct not-too-dry texture for my liking.  This time was much closer.  The splash of heavy cream and dollop of 0% fat Greek yogurt made this dessert a dining delight.

 Wow!  This was so delicious and satisfying.  One of our daughters had just finished baking Chocolate Chip Cookies (the full fat, sugar and completely delicious unhealthy kind), and this was the perfect satisfying treat to keep me from snitching a cookie! Plus I felt energized and satisfied enough to face the Pre-Calculus Lesson.  Hooray Trim Healthy Mama!

What most excellent book(s) are you reading and/or treats are you enjoying today?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...