01 January 2012

Simple Holiday Felicity

Christmas and my birthday present the same kind of challenge for me.  Generally I don't have ideas about "what I want" for either special day.  This year I did have a some ideas, and two of them were rather pricey for our budget.  In the process of "trying on" the idea of a Keurig single cup brewing system, hubby and I were enjoying our usual coffee break on date night when the idea of a pour over coffee maker seemed to be a better fit.  My dear hubby had already researched the item and was enthusiastic about it as an alternate gift idea.  On Christmas morning, I was thrilled to open my new Melitta Pour Over Filter Cone.  




I was ecstatic after sampling my first cup of homemade pour over coffee.  


I should back up a step before charging ahead (I am noticing lately that I seem to have a habit of starting in the middle, going back to the beginning and then filling in the details after the middle).


Hubby and I decided to give each other a shared gift of a Mr. Coffee Automatic Burr Mill Grinder (we bought ours from Target).  We did not wait until Christmas to use it.






So my fabulous first cup of pour over coffee on Christmas day was made thus partly because of the amazing burr mill.


Then today on our way home from church, we stopped in to our favorite coffee shop and discovered they were selling their seasonal blends buy-one-get-one-free deal.  We picked up one regular seasonal and one espresso seasonal.  


Felicity!  I discovered that I adore the espresso seasonal milled on the setting three clicks to the left of the middle, 4 tablespoons of coffee beans to 10 oz. of not quite boiling water, then cooled to lukewarm.  Oh the joys of the holidays!


Felicitous 2012 to everyone!

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...