25 January 2012

Another Good Word


“Don’t turn small stuff into big stuff.”[i]


That’s a good word right there! 


What follows may not “feel” the same upon first contact…just sayin’.  However it too is a good word.


“…disciplines provide a track for us to run on when [stuff] threatens to derail us…Sometimes we must take our will by the scruff of the neck, whirl it around and force the rebel back on track.” [ii]


Without further ado, here are the disciplines, the preparations, if you like that better that reverberated within me.[iii]


v  Confession and Cleansing

v  Fall on my knees and call upon God

o    “I love the LORD because he hears and answers my prayers. Because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath!”[iv]

o    “You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.[v]

o    “It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.”[vi]
 

v  Journal

v  Self-imposed solitude

v  Serving others

v  Worship

v  Soak in His presence and receive His love and grace


Most of the book was review for me; I guess I was paying attention the first time around.  I think believing in the never failing goodness of God and His everyday intervention in and attention to my life is what will make the difference in my spirit.  Just as I have implemented new strategies for dealing with the physical and emotional symptoms, I must recognize the spiritual side of this life change and embrace the Kingdom tools He has handed to me.  Hope, abiding faith and breakthrough are in process in my life!



[i] “Jump Off the Hormone Swing, Pintus, p. 189
[ii] Ibid, pp. 169-170
[iii] Ibid, pp. 170-181
[iv] NLT, Psalm 116:1-2
[v] NIV, Psalm 3:3b
[vi] NLT, Isaiah 55:11


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...