10 January 2012

Leaning into Hope


The areas of my life today where I must lean in and embrace hope are:

  • Husband’s job  
  • Daily routine benefiting me and others
  • Daughter’s teeth
  • Our kids’ relationships with each other growing into friendships


In church two weeks ago Garner shared this Graham Cooke quote:

“When the Holy Spirit points to a part of our life that is not working, He is not pointing out our sin.  He is not exposing us; He is manifesting the Father.  He is exposing only the warmth, the beauty, and the radiance of who God is for us.  He is also pointing out the site of our next miracle of grace, indicating our next transformation.”

Garner quoted this in the context of when we experience conviction.  I am grabbing ahold of this truth for every situation in which I am wrestling with not having hope.  In other words, regardless of who is pointing to a part of my life that is not working, I am choosing to believe that Holy Spirit is manifesting or wants to manifest the Father; that He is exposing or wants to expose only the warmth, the beauty and the radiance of who God is for me; and that He is pointing out or wants to point out the sites of my next miracles of grace, indicating my next transformations.   

Another choice I am going to make in order to lean in and embrace hope is to encounter it through the devotional Igniting Faith in 40 Days once again.  Holy Spirit has reminded to do this me several times already. 

Lastly I think I’ll take Kate’s idea (see comment via link) and sketch out being "on tiptoes with anticipation as I lean further into this new thing."

Where in your life is Holy Spirit poised to manifest the Father?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...