24 January 2012

"Jump off the Hormone Swing" Notes so far

Originally I titled this as a book report, however I am not going to be that organized or put that much time into this post.  I have some other projects that are actually a higher priority in terms of work; this is a higher priority in terms of feeding my spirit. 

The following are notes I jotted while reading because they resonated with me.  I hope they will help someone else, also.

v  Brain Foods (p. 56)

Ø  Blueberries

Ø  Yogurt

Ø  Nuts

Ø  Meat

Ø  Whole Wheat & oats

Ø  Spinach

Ø  Tomatoes

Ø  Broccoli

Ø  Olive Oil



v  Brain workout ideas (pp. 57 – 62)

Ø  Brush teeth with opposite hand


Ø  Read aloud

Ø  Nap

Ø  Write PMS poetry or hormonal haiku, including limericks

Ø  Laugh

Ø  Do crossword puzzles

Ø  Pray



v  Top  Ten Picks for Physical Relief

Ø  Take a nap

Ø  Snuggle with a heating pad

Ø  Take a naproxen product

Ø  Restrict salt

Ø  Cut caffeine for the week

Ø  Sip warm tea, like chamomile

Ø  Take supplements

*     Calcium – yogurt

*     Magnesium – spinach, sunflower seeds & almonds

*     Vitamin D – tuna, sunlight, beef liver, egg yolks

*     Vitamin E – nuts, broccoli, whole grains

*     B-6 – meats, avocados, fish

Ø  Drink water

Ø  Cut the sugar

Ø  Eat 5 small protein-packed meals daily



Other notes:

Wait 3 days to make major decisions

Chart Symptoms

Check out www.pms.org.uk


More notes to follow as I am almost finished reading the spiritual chapters. 


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...