31 January 2012

Less Traveled

               When I fail or have experiences that don’t line up with the promises of God, I am standing at a crossroads.  One path, which I’ll call the road Less Traveled, will lead me to my destiny much more quickly than the other path, which I’ll call the road Default.  Responding with an intentional choice rather than reacting is a key to the journey ahead. 

                Choosing the road Default looks like the easiest path in the sense that it requires less effort – it’s all downhill from the intersection.  Another attraction of the road Default is it is a familiar, well-worn path, and though it is ugly and leads into a pit at the end, it feels comfortable along the way.

                The road Less Traveled appears initially intimidating because it is steeply uphill.  Taking that first intentional step requires me willing me to walk by faith and not by sight.  Do I choose to believe what God says is true about me in this situation or let what I am experiencing or have experienced define my identity?

  •  “I may be struggling financially, but God supplies all of my financial resources.”
  • “I may be stuck in a dead end job, but I have a good future and prosperity ahead of me.”
  • “I may have just blown it in my job, but I have the wisdom of God today for every situation.”

                    “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
                    I took the one less traveled by,
                    And that has made all the difference.”   Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken"

               
               That is the road I want to choose, the road Less Traveled, because I know that it will indeed make all the difference.   
               How do you overcome in the crucial moments of life?

Acknowledgement:  Many thanks to Steve & Wendy Backlund for their inspiring and transforming book "Igniting Faith in 40 Days," the inspiration for this post.


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...