30 January 2012

January 30, 2012


Elpis (el-pece’)

(Warning:  The following is my own perspective and inspired thought about that Greek word.)

I think Jehovah sneaky, with His sense of humor, is reminding us where true hope is found.  To me “el” points to Elohim, the one true God, and “pis” sounds like the word “peace.”   Get it?  “God’s peace” in Greek is translated to “hope” in English in the following:

May the God who gives hope fill you with great joy. May you have perfect peace as you trust in him. May the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope. i

Yes, I’ll have some of that hope, joy, peace, trust and power of the Holy Spirit, please, today!

What’s your word for today?




i Romans 15:13, New International Reader’s Version


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...