11 January 2012

The 3 R's plus a Confession


Reframing and renewed seeing are themes today.  Perhaps I should add remembering to the list as well.  To take every thought I am having about today and to reframe it and see it from Heaven’s perspective would be truly transformational.  For instance, this morning I have step-by-step done the usual daily grind items for today:  made whole-wheat pancakes for breakfast, started supper in the crockpot, started laundry, started the dishwasher and started my kiddos off into their school day.  That’s something creative and a lot of new beginnings already in my day (cooking is a creative outlet for me, generally speaking, especially when I love to eat what I am cooking/baking).

I have also answered and sent emails, listened to narration from a couple of my students and blessed my kiddos.  Kingdom connection has happened!

Another privilege that I get to practice is loving and honoring my kids daily. 

And lastly (for now), I listened to a podcast that confirmed previous similar admonishments from a dear friend:  make time for community, show up when in community and be authentic when in community.  If I am going to become a normal Christian like Jesus, I must receive this timely message as from the hand of God.  That’s an act of reframing and  of renewed seeingRemembering to pay attention is a key to the activation of these admonishments.

My confession:  today it is much easier to see and to reframe and to remember all of these benefits.  On my hazy hormonal days, I struggle.  Remembering to keep my eyes on my Friend and to find joy in Him is the trickiest part of those days, because my natural circumstances look dark almost regardless of the light they bear in reality.  (Soon I will be re-reading a book that I hope with give me some more tools and encouragement, Jump off the hormone swing : fly through thephysical, mental and spiritual symptoms of PMS and perimenopause.)

“Let hope arise!”  Today’s themes water and give nutrients to the seeds of hope, abiding faith and breakthrough, my 2012 words.   

What are the themes Holy Spirit is highlighting to you today?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...