17 January 2012

Jump Off



I started re-reading “Jump Off the Hormone Swing” recently, spurred by some dark hormonal days that were more intense and long lasting than in the past.  The first time I read the book I was in an emotional place of “everything is sunshine and happiness.”  This time around the timing of the book becoming available for check-out through inter-library loan was perfect – immediately following those aforementioned dark hormonal days so that the painful memories were still excruciatingly fresh. 

Chapter one summarized my recent trip through the valley of the shadow:  “…the tension between my desperate desire to serve God and others, and my utter failure to accomplish this when my hormones went berserk, caused me unending agony.  I hated the thoughts and emotions that charged through me.  It was if a week before my period, some wretched, selfish, totally undisciplined woman took over my body.”  Now the timing of my dark hormonal days is not exactly the same as the author’s, but that is the ONLY difference.  Out of her experience and those of others, author Lorraine Pintus promises to mentor me through the physical symptoms, mental/mood symptoms and spiritual symptoms I often experience every month.  The focus of the book is said to be on attitude, practical help, stories, life skills and healthy habits.  It’s an empowering book, with a Bible study included in the back of the book.  I anticipate transformation occurring as a result of this book written with Kingdom purpose.

“Consider the vastness of our Supreme Exalted King.  Then ask yourself is anything big to Him?”  G. Gorden.

What things to do you do that help you jump off the emotional hormone swing?



Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, Amy. Running helps me. LOVE those endorfins! (Or however they are spelled!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate; it is a very practical and encouraging book. I also run, love those endrophins and enjoy sports and exercise in general.

    ReplyDelete

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...