26 June 2013

  Success!  After 2 weeks of adding an extra run day, I still feel great and have no negative physical side effects.  Wow!  I am absolutely thrilled.  I believe the secret to my success came as an inspired thought 2 weeks ago and which I mentioned in an earlier postJeff Galloway's run/walk method to the rescue.  I am finding that mixing it up with the run 1 minute/walk 1 minute on one of my back-to-back days is fun and energizing.  My dear hubbie had said he thought I could run 6 days a week and suffer no ill-effects.  This morning near the end of my run,  I found myself dreaming about adding a long run back into the mix (run/walk style) and perhaps a 5th day of running, also.  My biggest challenge will be to add new things slowly and patiently.

  If you are reading this thinking that you cannot relate, I'd like to challenge you to go and read about Galloway's method and then just give it a go.  There are so many benefits to running alongside of the physical benefits, like time to think, time to hear from God and much more.  If you'd like to follow my running path just click on the "running" label at the bottom of the page.  I think you will like running!

  I have made it through lesson 22 of my Pre-Calculus review lessons with 9 more to go.  Then I will need to start other home education prep for the coming school year, although I am not completely certain what is left to do.  I think it is not very much, though.

  With all the kiddos in camp, it is very quiet here.  The days still fly quickly by and so far, I am wondering why I am not accomplishing more.  

  I have a stack of 5 books alongside of my "Trim Healthy Mamas" book to read.  The majority of those books are related to serving on not-for-profit boards.  Hopefully I will glean some helpful information from those books.  I know that the THM book is incredibly helpful to me.  So far I have noticed that my emotions and energy levels are much more balanced.  I want to start taking some measurements to track my progress, as well as to finish reading the book and to insert tabs to help me quickly find what I am seeking.

  These days of change and new things that Doug Addison has been declaring are creating expectation inside of me.  I can hardly wait to see what happens.

What new thing have you been exploring lately?  What are you looking forward to most in the coming weeks of summer?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...