24 June 2011

Creativity Catalyst

What activities set your creativity a flowing?  Running triggers many responses

from my entire being – body, soul and spirit; an especially favorite one being creativity.  My run time is a time when I connect with God and hear numerous creative ideas and solutions.  At some point in my run I ask God for His thoughts, attitudes, emotions, ideas and solutions.  Sometimes I’m ready to do that right out of the starting gate and can focus throughout the run on listening.  Other times it’s anywhere from several minutes into my run to near the end before I am able to dump out the junk that has been captive in my subconscious by the surface tension of the moment-to-moment, do-the-next-thing reality of my daily grind.  Two fresh blogging ideas poured forth this morning, or else I’d be silent still.  So, what do you do, intentionally or unintentionally, that kick-starts your creativity?

2 comments:

  1. Mine come in the middle of the night--usually 3am. If I am awake until 3am though, I don't get the surge of creativity. Apparantly, I have to be asleep before the idea wakes me up.....O_0.

    Running COULD be a place where creativity happens for me-if you count telling jokes to paramedics in the back of an ambulance as creative...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, Krista! The only reason I am up at 3 am is to go potty, and I don't remember ever having a surge of creativity then.

    ReplyDelete

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...