19 June 2013

The Spice of Life

  Enjoyed a paternal family reunion for the first time in ten years-ish over the weekend.  I have definitely missed my family.  It is too bad that life gets in the way of relationships sometimes; I suppose it's a prioritizing of relationships and then giving your attention to the ones highest up on the list?  I feel like that's something I need work on in order to honor people better.

  The day before the reunion, our outreach team, 1 Voice, conducted a prayer siege at the Indiana State Capitol building, which by the way is incredibly beautiful inside.  If you are unfamiliar with a prayer siege, check out the link http://bound4life.com/the-silent-siege/ .  It's not a protest.  It's a prayer meeting.  We experienced God's favor and know that He heard us and is at work.




 Since the last time I posted about it, I have continued to enjoy the luscious, satisfying and energizing food that "Trim Healthy Mama" endorses, which is all real and accessible food.  It's also mostly all reasonably priced.  After attending our reunion and hearing the occurrences of "diabetes" in my uncle, cousins and second cousins, I am even more thankful for this information at this time of my life.  I'd like to see the belly fat melting off, though it's not been much more than a week that I have been eating on the "plan."  Plus I have eaten off of the plan a few times, so there you go.

  Our kids are involved at Camp at varying degrees during the summer.  Next week all seven will be at camp, which will be the second time in my entire life since having kids when this has happened -- last year being the first time.  I have hardly had time to contemplate it.

  The driving around and overnight guests themes have passed for now.  Our two youngest kiddos and I are planning to visit the local city pool for a couple of hours this afternoon.  I will take my Kindle and enjoy some escape with easy-reading fiction.

 As for my projects, I am faithfully completing my Pre-Calculus review; today I face lesson 20.  I have not sewn for over a week, and our planned sewing camp with Grandma has been postponed.  I have been chipping away at cleaning up the basement.  Otherwise I am not sure where the hours are going?!

 Something heavily on my heart of late is community.  Truthfully it has been on my heart for years now.  It has been "the missing link" for a number of years.  I believe it's one of the pieces we need in order to move forward and to experience breakthrough.  I want to keep walkin' through the valley!

Where have you found community?  How did you develop community when you found yourself without it?  What tips do you have for developing it?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...