03 June 2013

Walking out of the valley of the shadow

BLAM!  BIFF!! BOFF!!!

 That's what I'm "hearing" today, or at the least what I am imagining is happening in the unseen realm.  Why would a solid person like me be imagining such things?  Tee-hee, if that's what you thought, then you don't know me.  Imagining is a way of life for me, and the more I attend to my imagination the more I realize it is a part of who I am.

 Some things are falling away and diminishing, while I feel strengthened and supported.   In my wrestle with fear, I am learning that what I need is boldness and courage to move forward when fear shows up.  Fearlessness is not the desired quality I once thought it was.  I like that Papa has been adjusting my perspective.

 I'm alive!  I'm on fire!  And my spirit burns with desire.  You set me alight, bright eyed and with no way to hold it inside!

I am so very thankful.

Minding the Minutia

 This week is to be a week of overnight guests, shopping for summer camp needs and tying up of loose ends before the summer camping season kicks into high gear.  Son #2 and I arrived home minutes ago from procuring another work permit, picking up some much needed breakfast groceries and dropping off paperwork & empty egg cartons to camp. {I must say that I love Camp Tecumseh and very much miss my life there -- the one I had and the one I should have lived.  A friend and long-time camp director commented to me recently that hubbie and I needed to get back into camping where we belonged.  At the time, I heard him, but wasn't sure that I agreed.  Today, I feel like I would absolutely LOVE being back at Camp Tecumseh, (said with starry-eyed-adoration-colored glasses on my face).  Perhaps this is to be a season of truly mourning that loss, but perhaps it's the beginning of something new and the remaking of something old.}

 Two other thoughts are rumbling around in me today:

 1)  Without hope you cannot have faith because faith is the substance of things hoped for, (Kris Vallotton and not a direct quote).

 2) You must have time to think, to dream, to pray and to write if you are going to discover you passion in life, (read it on a blog post).  This I have been saying to myself for some time now!

 What's rumbling around inside of you today?  What are you finding time to dream about?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...