03 January 2013

Word for 2013

 D'ya ever feel under it when it comes to the stuff of life that has to be done?

Sometimes when I feel like that, I remember that making a decision and/or accomplishing a task, no matter how small, lifts the pressure - and then I act.  That's why the picture of the bread machine to the left; I just ordered one, after months of being without one.  I look forward to its arrival!  I am capable of making breads by hand, but this handy time-saver has been sorely missed by me. 




Of course, prayer and worship have a similar effect, as does creative pursuits.  Here I am blogging, listening to declarations of who I really am, having just ordered the bread machine -- a tranquilizing triumvirate!


Minding the Minutia

Speaking of making bread by hand, today I made my usual 100% whole-wheat bread from freshly ground flour.  While I was in the kitchen I made a batch of chocolate fudge and of caramels.  More pressure released...

Day two of school has come and gone rather placidly.  Unfortunately I do not "feel" like I had a break during the Christmas vacation days, but rather like butter spread over too much bread.  But, I crack on...

2013 Words

 My 2012 words encouraged me throughout the year and were appropriate as we journeyed through many challenges, including hubby's job "going away," hubby interviewing for a new job and hubby being offered a great new job.  One of my 2012 words is carrying over into 2013 - "hope" coupled with "dream."  "Receive My peace" and "enjoy the process" are the remainder of my words for this new year.  Pondersketching to come at a later date.

How do you get out from under it? 

What are you looking forward to in 2013?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...