05 January 2013

Exactly




EXACTLY...well, kind of...

My "to do" list sits beside me surrounded by piles of school related written material of one form or another.  I wandered off track when I checked my RSS reader for blog posts to read or to delete and then I chose one and read it and then right-clicked links to explore further and then made a new wish list to add books to at Amazon and then...

This flurry of distracted activity consoled me and made me feel like I was accomplishing something important, all the while I was feeling sorry for myself because I didn't write that blog post that said EXACTLY what I wanted to write...




And now, it's already a day later -- the school related written material overpowered me, and I surrendered to it quietly knowing that it was what I was supposed to be doing.  No matter that the not-quite-fully-cooked-carmels called to me to try cooking them longer, the drama sewing sat untouched and the other ideas swirling around slipped away as did my energetic motivation for accomplishing them, I completed my job first.

I graded and recorded grades, edited the lesson planner to pull up next week's assignments for everyone and then slipped into distraction dump again, wondering if and then researching if, just maybe, I could do something within the lesson planner that would send a reminder to my Outlook calendar...I found a variety of answers with solutions, so I plan to try one on a copy of the planner, just in case.  And I finished off my "to do" list for yesterday, also, after purposefully slogging out of distraction dump.

As for today, we said, "goodbye for now" to one of my heroes, hubby's uncle who always made me laugh, always encouraged me and always made me feel like he loved me.  The funeral mass (I am not Catholic, so I hope I do not misspeak here) was held in a gorgeous old cathedral in the small town of Remington.  Amidst the sparkling lighted evergreens and large nativity scene, the funeral was oddly appropriate and peaceful.  Gazing wistfully at the brilliant stained glass windows, I pondered why it felt thus.  Within minutes, the priest explained how Christmas celebrates Christ's birth and the reason He came to earth -- to make the way for us to eventually go home to Heaven, which is what uncle's funeral was about.  EXACTLY!

I cried because I will miss uncle and his infectious personality, because I know his suffering is over, because he is in Heaven with Jesus and all who have gone before him, because I want my life to touch others' lives in an even more impacting way for the good, because I am thankful that I was blessed to have been touched by his life. I laughed because the eulogy was true and because uncle did sincerely believe that his repertoire of jokes were funny every time he told them.  I worshiped because a funeral reminds me that this place is not my ultimate home thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, whom I love with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.  I thanked God for this holy day, when attending a funeral was an encounter with Holy Spirit at church.

Minding the Minutea  

I "reforged" the carmels, and they are yummy; store away that nugget for future under-cooked candy disasters.

The Christmas decoration storage bins await their intended contents.

Laundry is humming along, and the dishwasher has finished its cycle.

And I am writing.  EXACTLY!

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...