15 June 2012

Post-Its Planning



Some unexpected events occurred at the end of the 2011-12 school year, which prompted me to re-evaluate and to "re-mix" the way I have functioned as a home school teacher over the past 15-ish years.  I tend to like to improve things when they need to be improved, so the remix has not been too overwhelming to date. 


The most recent change I have been focusing upon is improving my high school student assignment sheets.  Adding more information and changing the structure of the assignments are the improvements most needed.  In order to re-create the structure, I decided to give my beloved post-it-notes a whirl during the 1st draft phase.  They have not disappointed me!

I also plan to attempt to improve my scattered method of keeping track of the daily assignments for 5 different grade levels, each with 5 - 7 classes per grade level, separately, to keeping track of them all on one page somehow, (not sure how big that page will need to be).   I foresee post-its being the star of that production, also.

Another step in the remix will be to revise the assignment sheets for the high school subjects we are not using during the coming school year, which take a low priority until I am finished with 2012-13 planning.

What ideas or suggestions do you have for me in response to this post?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...