05 June 2012

Excellent Free Online Learning Web Site



I want my two youngest children to learn to use PowerPoint in the coming school year.  I have an obsolete computer curriculum which I was considering using as a resource in order to write my own curriculum.  While pondering that option, I decided to poke around on the web to see what is already out there.  Early on in the process I stumbled upon a fabulous free tutorial on an even more stupendous web site.

Because of our internet server's download allowance restrictions, viewing images or videos on-line is generally  restricted at our house.  Thankfully, GCFLearnFree.org has a "printable version" option, from which I saved the pdfs.  I then printed out all of the 21 lessons.  I will create assignments from these lessons for my two students.  

You should definitely check out this web site!  Either you or someone you know would likely benefit from the resources available there.

From their web site: 

"GCFLearnFree.org® creates and provides quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy and math skills needed to be successful in both work and life. By delivering over 750 different lessons to millions of people in over 200 countries and territories ABSOLUTELY FREE, GCFLearnFree.org is a worldwide leader in online education. 

GCFLearnFree.org is a program of Goodwill Industries of Eastern NC, Inc. All GCFLearnFree.org educational content is designed and produced in the GCF Global Learning® building in Downtown Raleigh, NC." 

What free online learning web sites do you like?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...