05 May 2015

Tag


 Labels are extremely obnoxious, especially when applied to me.

 By "label" I mean "a classifying phrase or name applied to a person or thing, especially one that is inaccurate or restrictive."

  I felt my frustration bubbling while in conversation with the "customer service" rep.  Because of my "tag," I was being given standard, dead answers.  Needless to say, I left the conversation feeling powerless.  Not a good feeling, AT ALL.

 Upon review, after my frustration subsided, I realized that I, too, participate in this dishonoring practice.  Labeling or tagging gives me permission to dismiss and to give up on.  Is this a Kingdom practice or mindset?

 Graham Cooke challenges us to seek possibilities in these situations.  That's my dot today.  I must discover Kingdom, power-ful possibilities!

 What?  So what?  Now what?  (Thank-you, MB, for sharing that gem with me.)

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...