25 May 2015

God Does Whatever He Chooses

Acts 10:44-48 NASB
"While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered, 'Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?'  And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days."

   I LOVE this; according to this passage, Peter did not do an "altar call" or have them repeat the "sinner's prayer." It does not say that these folks confessed their sins or repented before Holy Spirit filled them. Holy Spirit showed up, Peter recognized that these Gentiles had been given the gift of Holy Spirit, which is the evidence of belief in and acceptance of Jesus as Savior & Lord, and then had them baptized in water.
  
  Following Jesus is not a formula or a road or a step-by-step process; it's a relationship from the very beginning. He meets us right where we are.
  
  Now that is wonderfully like our loving, good Father.

  What opportunities do I miss of sharing the Good News because I have a list in my head of what has to happen first? Open my eyes to see You moving so that I can follow You and do my part, Holy Spirit.

  Who are the "Gentiles" of in my sphere of influence that you are sending me to love with Your love? Open my eyes to see them, LORD.

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...