19 May 2015

Did You Notice?

 This is ONLY for my regular readers and followers. . .ok, the rest of you can read this, also.  I was only teasing.  Who am I to discourage anyone from reading my little ol' blog?

  I chose a different blog template recently; did you notice?  I'd love your thoughts and feedback in regard to it.  I feel like I need change often, so my blog reflects that at times.


And today's random:

  I was grocery shopping this morning, using my re-usable shopping bag horde. The cashier who was waiting on me does NOT like the re-usable shopping bags.  I have been in her "line" before, and each time she comments offhandedly about how she does not like those bags.  Honestly I try to avoid her line because I know it pains her to wait on someone like me.  As far as that goes, I'd rather we both be enjoying the shopping experience as much as possible.  As I could not avoid being in her line (read that as not enough lines open), there I was.  She grudgingly greeted me, and I cheerily replied.  She began listlessly loading my frozen and cold items in one of my freezer bags; "great!" I silently cheered.  After she filled one of my "least of these" bags, I re-positioned my bag o' bags (whilst she was busy and NOT looking) with the other freezer bag on top and my best bags next; in her defense, the "least of these" was the next one in the pile.  I said nothing except cheerful thank-you's as we both endured the process -- me with a smile and her with lips in a grim line.  Then I heard her sadly mutter, "I don't pack these kinds of bags very well." My heart stirred with compassion for her -- silently I released blessings and peace over her.  And I am thankful that I was privileged to be in her line this morning.  She needed me and what I carry of the #Kingdom.  I needed her to stir my compassion and to give away what Jesus gave me.

  Someone once told me that I pick up on lots that is going on in a given situation, which seems to be true.  What I have realized is that I often misinterpret after the observation.  This morning I was reminded that even Paul did not always hear and discern correctly, (it's right there in The Book).  I need Holy Spirit and His gifts soooooo much!  Still a work in progress here:).

So, what do ya think about the new template?

What's your random from today?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...