23 February 2013

Always on My Mind?

  3:45 a.m., lights shining from outside on my window shade, and I think, "must be the newspaper delivery..." and go back to sleep.

 6:45 a.m., lights shining from outside on my window shade again, and I think, "must be hubbie going to buy doughnuts for me..." and I go back to sleep.

 Upon fully waking about an hour later, I realize that one of my two earlier surmises was incorrect; our daughter was leaving for work at 6:45 -- bummer.  It makes me laugh that I automatically thought that doughnuts were on the menu for the morning.  We haven't had doughnuts for a very long time.

 I mention the above to hubbie after we are home from our morning run.  He laughs along with me and says he will gladly buy me doughnuts if I will go with him into our wee burg to run another errand first.  Of course I agree, and later we arrive home with some delicious doughnuts and pastries from the Klein Brot Haus:

image from: http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/68145966.jpg 

 
 Another of our favorite local doughnut suppliers is Kinsler's Bakery:

image from: http://littleindiana.com/2012/07/kinslers-bakery-in-monticello-indiana-more-than-thirty-years-of-goodness/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+littleindianacom+%28littleindiana.com%29
  Maybe next Saturday we will sample Kinsler's fare once again. 

  What's on your mind today?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...