08 November 2011

Even More Kindle Love

Overheard at a conference I attended a couple of weekends ago:

“I don’t think I could ever get used to using an e-reader.”

“Me, too.  I love holding books and being able to highlight them and write notes in them.”

I previously thought like that, too.  Now I am finding that I love my Kindle more and more as I learn to use more of its features.  My current fave features are bookmarking, highlighting, adding notes and the “My Clippings” folder. 








I was cognizant that I could bookmark, highlight and add notes to my e-books and that this information was mysteriously stockpiled for me somewhere.  Half-heartedly I had employed these features without comprehending their fuller potential.  This morning I accessed the stored information from these features via the USB cord and my laptop – viola!  The “My Clipping” folder unearthed the treasure trove. 

Sweet!  Now I am able to search and manipulate these notes digitally -- which means that I will be able to find things much more quickly (not to mention be able to find them at all).  Along with the newly added option of borrowing e-books from the library, my note-taking and research abilities are greatly enhanced.

What features are your favorites?  How are you using them to benefit you and others?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...