25 May 2011

Whew!

     I sneaked in a run, unknowingly, this morning before the thunderstorms rolled into our area.  Thankfully we are safe and sound in regard to the severe weather. 
I expect we will remain so, also.  One dear daughter of ours is fearful of severe weather of any kind.  Staying informed up-to-the-minute, while limiting her information upload, is challenging for me. 
    ...Which reminds me of one of my "aha" moments while listening to the S.O.W podcast.  Because of mercy, Jesus taught in parables; He was shielding those who were not spiritually hungry from the responsibility which the truth He was teaching would have been required of them had they understood what He was teaching.  Likewise, it's because of mercy that I do not fully inform dear daughter.  It is not her responsibility to respond to all of the information that I know.  And she does not have the authority or the resources to do so either.  Another great moment in parenting as modelled by Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...