15 November 2013

Food for the Mind

  Long ago, in a land not-so-far-away our young children watched a tv show via our Christian Satellite TV provider called "Nana Puddin'."

  One of my favorite skits involved the singing of a song entitled "Food for the Mind."  "Books are so delicious; they are food for the mind."

  One such tasty morsel which I happen to be re-reading is Money and the Prosperous Soul


 
  This book will transform your entire being.

  "As God takes us from glory to glory, He is adding weight to our lives...the increasing mass of spiritual substance and its accelerated momentum in my life was bringing my character under greater "stress tests" -- and it eventually exposed the flaws in my trust.  The prosperous soul that Christ was establishing in me could not remain within the narrow confines created by my insecurity and low self-worth...Many Christians...mistakenly think the exposure of their character flaws is proof that their salvation isn't working.  The exact opposite is true!  The true work of grace and glory in your life is to bring everything into the light so you can see the broken places, invite God's healing and gain wisdom and strength to live differently."  ~ p. 84

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...