04 April 2013


She reported that she had responded, "you can never say those words again."

Much later those words echoed in my being, as he was speaking about God's greatest trust gift.

Guiltily I silently resolved to end my verbal and written wrestling.  It would not do.

Davidically I will only pour out my silent complaint to God.   

And, also...change my heart, O God.  Make it ever true.  Change my heart, O God.  May I be like You.

Sunshine is bursting upon me spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally.

Spring is full of promise.

Hope seeds are transforming into shoots, busting through the slightly parched heart sod and exploding into vibrant color.

Somehow, some way things will work together for good.

Peace river attends my soul.


Minding the Minutia

March was like a march.  April feels like a refreshing wind, albeit cold.  I have benefited from employing a weekly "to-do" list alongside of my daily reminders, so that will continue.  To this writing only one thing remains on my weekly "to do" from last week -- not bad!  Invitations to our daughter's high school commencement exercises are yet to be mailed, but that is by design.  They are awaiting a trip to the post office on the weekend. 

This week I tried some new ideas utilizing Kashi's hot grain cereal.


GOLEAN® Hot Cereal, Hearty Honey Cinnamon thumbnail GOLEAN® Hot Cereal Hearty Honey Cinnamon
I tried adding it (cooked, cooled and mostly drained of extra liquid) to my usual homemade 100% stone ground whole wheat bread with success.  It was a tad cumbersome, messy and did slightly rip the dough's gluten sheet during shaping and the baking.  It's addition to the bread was hardly noticeable in texture and taste, so I'm not sure I will try it again.  The other experiment was to add it to our usual whole wheat oatmeal pancake recipe in place of cooked oatmeal.  It was definitely a flavor enhancement and with the added protein and fiber, I will do this again.



Another baking project I completed  this week was  "Gluten-Free Crusty Boule" bread.  It was delicious, as usual.  Even most of our kids liked it.  I am experimenting with reducing my gluten-intake for the time being.  My copy of "Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" is not seeing nearly enough use at present, but I hope to rectify that soon enough.







For some months now, Donna Young has been busily updating and revising her fabulous "V Planner" school planners, and I have been attempting to be educated and informed.  I love the new and improved things the planners can do and look forward to using one again this school year.  If you are a home school parent and are not familiar with Donna Young's planners and her web site, I highly recommend all!  During most of our 17 years of home educating, I have benefited often from her excellent resources, many of which are free on-line.

Another school activity I have been heavily involved in is helping my son with Algebra 2.  I do love math with it's orderliness and rules.  I would love it even more at this point in my life if I could remember all that I learned in high school without needing extensive review/re-teaching.  By His design, it does make sense to me even still, once I remember.  It makes my brain ache in the process, however.  That's the mental equivalent of adding more exercise to my life and being muscle sore as a result.  This too shall pass.

I also have been heading out for walks in the brisk wind during this sunshiny week.  I love being outside!  Warmer temperatures will be greatly appreciated when they arrive, and I am praying for a "normal" spring to come quickly.  I am thankful for more daylight in the evenings no matter the temperature.

Lastly I did complete reading "Les Miserables."  Prior to reading the last couple of chapters, I had determined to NEVER read another Victor Hugo book, because they are too SAD!!!  Immediately upon finishing Les Mis, I downloaded "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."  I am looking forward to hopefully reading "Les Miserables" again over the summer.  That's how I roll -- I'm on a mission to finish the book during the first read, and then get even more out of it the second time around. 

What's new with you?




Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...