25 March 2013

Credit Where Credit is Due

  Because it happens so infrequently, I MUST give credit where credit is due:



   TODAY I experienced a genuine shining moment in customer service via a tech support person with American Family On-line.  As a skoshe of context I will tell you that we purchased an internet safety filter from them about a month or so ago and installed the filter on our "school" computer.  This weekend I finally tackled removing a different filter from our daughter's laptop (took way longer than necessary) and installing the AFO Firefilter.  Unfortunately something went awry in the installation, and as instructed, I called tech support; I left my phone number and a message, without much hope of hearing back from them.  I had not had a bad experience with AFO tech support, just with tech support in general.  Overall it's been about 75% bad vs. 25% good/excellent.  Early this evening I did receive a phone call from AFO tech support and within 10 minutes, at the most, everything was working!  

  Alongside of that glowing testimony in regard to their tech support, I must say that so far I am very pleased with their Firefilter.  Our kids do not complain nearly as often as they did about our other internet filter, although sometimes they are annoyed that they cannot access a web site when they try it once, and then it's accessible the next time they try to visit the site.  It seems great to me that this filter catches things on usually appropriate web sites and blocks the site as long as the objectionable material is there.  I do not believe that a filter alone is enough to protect our kids on-line, but I do appreciate a filter that does what I want it to do.

   A second recommendation:





  I've read it and am provoked; also reckoning on resultant transformation, I am.



  What recommendations do you have to offer these days? 


Minding the Minutia  


  March is rapidly running away to April.  Pondering spring weather's arrival amidst the 8 inches or so of late spring snow has germinated new goals:  run one more day plus add at least one day of brisk walking a week to my exercise therapy.  It also produced a remembrance of  uncompleted school preparation details.  Two revised assignment sheets and a weekly "to do list" later, and I am motivated and pleased with my progress.  

  A second play and our 2nd daughter's high school graduation loom large upon our spring landscape.  These relatively quiet days of early spring will give way to a torrent of events and activities as summer nears and then rushes over us.  In the midst of this future and all other minutia, because of who I am, I cannot at present see the breakthrough that I believe is coming.  I am asking for faith like Abraham when he believed God, despite his circumstances.  Though I cannot hear or see at present what it is that I "was made to do," I will continue to believe I will one day understand and will continue to do what is in front of me.  ~ Looking to Jesus for He is my peace. 
 
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...