05 April 2013

Poser

 Smacked me right in the face, it did.

"Stretch," she said.  "I will be calling you this week."

 REALLY?!  She had unknowingly hit upon TWO of my "hot spots."  I could not explain succinctly nor privately.

  Echoing in my brain were words cheering me on to meet the challenge she had thrown down.

  So... I must confess that I am definitely the least equipped for this job of home schooling.  And I must confess that I have always felt like a home school "poser."  It occurred to me that I am "Everyday Mom."  Hence the Header Title change.

  I tried to explain about the poser thing to my husband, but he doesn't get it.  I know many incredible home school moms who are NOT posers, but the real deal.  It is unwise to compare myself to others, yet, the truth is I am a poser, a figurehead.

  I cannot and will not take any credit for the success my students have had and are having.  God's grace has multiplied the tiny mustard seed I have sown by simply choosing to obey.  I have learned some practical things along the way that help me to function, thanks to Him providing the learning opportunities.  I have "put my head down" and moved forward day after day, thanks to His still small voice encouraging me onward.  The rest is all Him!

  And the other "hot button?"  Some things are better left forever unspoken.


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...