01 August 2013

Parade of Thoughts

  My first clue should have been that day during my freshman year of college when I called my parents and thanked them for the way they raised me, because I was surrounded by spoiled brats who obviously had not been raised the same way (yes, I admittedly was not as gracious or understanding then).  While my childhood was not "storybook" nor my parents all that I would have wanted them to be (who is?), my parents did a good job of instilling foundational morals and principles alongside common sense that has helped me greatly in my journey.  I wonder if those "brats" ever were told that "you can't get something for nothing"?  And if not, how difficult is it to perceive the lunacy of a healthcare reform bill that no one understood before it became law and no one fully understands now?  Do you buy a car or a house sight unseen and without any information about it other than the person selling it tells you it's a great car or house?  Just sayin'...

  And what's this about taking away parents' freedom to home school?  Truly we live in a day of upsidedownness.  Criticizing the home school movement and pointing to the few examples of failure in order to justify abolishing it requires that we use the same method of evaluation for the public school system and that we then consequently abolish the public school system.  I'm going to go out on a limb here without any statistics to back me up and say that overwhelmingly home schooled students outstrip public school students and that there is a minority of students who are not well-served by home schooling as compare to the majority of student who are not well served in public schools.  The statistics to back me up are out there, if you care to research them.

  I heard on the radio this morning that James Dobson has a new fiction book out, "Fatherless".


  I have not read this book, but I plan to do so.  Perhaps it will offer a book to give to some of those people out there like my college peers.
  
  Despite what my eyes see and my mind thinks about those sights in our world, I know with all of my heart that God is a work in the world today and that good things are on the horizon.  He has told me so!  Praying for breakthrough of Heaven on earth!

What are you praying for and thinking about today?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...