05 March 2013

A new twist on an old recipe

 Gloriously I took time to bake yesterday.  Had I thought about it more I probably wouldn't have done so because I should have dashed out earlier in the afternoon than I did to do my shopping trip a day ahead of schedule; winter weather impending today means I want to be at home.  Because of the February birthdays, I tend to bake less in terms of random sweets during the month.  Hooray that March has arrived!

 On my last outing to Aldi about a month ago, I purchased white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and walnuts with this new cookie variation in mind.  I used my stand-by oatmeal cookie recipe from "Eat Well for $50 a Week" and stirred the additions in with love and care.



I had my dear hubbie in mind when I first baked this delectable cookie; he absolutely LOVES them!

As for the winter weather, we are still awaiting signs of it at our house.  May this be winter's last hurrah!  Organizing my unexpected at-home day for maximum productivity and life is my next challenge.

Cracking on...


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...