13 December 2012

White Space

What do you do to keep and/or to create "white space" in your life?

You know what I mean by white space, right?  Maybe not...
The term was illustrated to me during the summer before my high school senior year at a Yearbook Camp; my best friend and I were the co-editors of our high school yearbook, and we and some of our talented co-creators spent several days focused on gleaning all we could about the process of compiling a winning yearbook.  The "rep" assigned to our school, Kim Ash, and I talked about the importance of white space on more than one occasion.  It's what gives the eyes a break and aids them in focusing on whatever you are highlighting, even though it's empty of text, pictures, etc. 

Fast forward to today where I am still being schooled about white space, only of a different nature.  I was better at it when I followed my printed out daily schedule more Pharisaic-ally, (or as one of my daughters would say, "when Mom was under the law.").  Please don't misreckon -- I am convinced that freedom is fabulous!  However, I do sometimes miss the comfort and routine of those days of the "law," but in this case only because it meant I was guarding and stewarding my white space.

God has been gently, persistently speaking and nudging and teaching me about creating more and then stewarding well white space in my life in this present season.  He's reminding me that the process is the essential part and that embracing life's zest is key.  Today I am surrounded by projects that require my attention and time and that are time sensitive.  Sipping my licorice herbal tea, I sense peace and life as I write and ponder.  The projects will receive their time and attention soon, but first -- white space.  I do not have a plan of implementation mapped out, but I have taken a small step in the right direction.  And I perceive that it is very good!

Minding the Minutia

I am about 75% finished with my Christmas shopping; I am the elf who helps our kids shop for each other, and I held my own cyber-Thursday last week.  The rest is up to them to arrange time out to shop in the real world stores.

The Christmas card process is about 75% completed, also.

I have more presents to make/bake, but that is planned into the coming days.

The birthday celebration for our daughter, who was born the week before Christmas, is well in hand.  We completed shopping for her presents last evening.

 We have plans to connect with family and friends over the next couple of weeks and are excitedly anticipating those precious gifts of time together.

Lastly, I must rejoice over a book I bought last night.  I have had it on my "wish list" for over a year now.  It's gargantuan!







What's God speaking about to you?



Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...