20 December 2012

Tidings of Comfort and Joy+

Image courtesy of

anankkml

/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net


 Not many days left now until Christmas 2012!  Celebrating Christ's birth is one of my very favorite engagements of each year.  At present our world pines for the comfort, joy, peace and
salvation of the matchless earthly news proclaimed by angels to a group of ordinary shepherds:
"I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. Glory to God in the heavenly heights.  Peace to all men and women on earth who please him."
  If ever we need joy and peace and comfort, it is now.  This present evil in our world feels diabolical, uncontrollable and menacing.  We are frightened and angry and hurt.  Unchecked these acute emotions run amuck demanding vengeance on the villain.  Or maybe it's "villains," and there are more that should taste retribution...and so it escalates fear and anger and hurt building upon fear and anger and hurt...

 OR...

 That Babe in the manger lived a life of overcoming evil with good.  He walked among the people, touching them, talking with them, teaching them, healing them, delivering them, loving them...PSSST...that's the secret key to making our world a safer place.  Each one of us can and must overcome evil with good in our individual spheres of influence.  Perhaps trite and yet absolutely true, what the world needs now is love, sweet love; it is the only thing that there's just too little of in our world.  And God is love.  Let's pursue occasions to love, especially in troublesome circumstances.  We can alter the atmosphere with good!

Daily Minutia

 Christmas shopping, finishing up our school semester, connecting with friends and family, baking, knitting, crocheting, wrapping presents and decorating have kept me occupied these many weeks since last I blogged.  I believe our family is prepared for the remainder of the days up to and including Christmas so that we can merrily coast into the jollity ahead.  As of today, it seems that we may have a white Christmas this year, also.

 Earlier this week, I viewed "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,"  in which I delighted!  Despite my failure to finish reading the book again before watching the movie, I was entranced.  The timing of the movie, of the ending of school and of the completion of Christmas prep, (as far as I know), has freed up some moments for me to start reading "The Hobbit" again.  I had not previously perceived that I identified with Bilbo's wrestling with not wanting, but yet wanting adventure in his life. 

  Even now, I very much enjoy my new tablet and use it daily in various ways.  Discovering more uses for it is a quest for me, also.  Trying new things with the knowledge that I am not committed to that change is a helpful thing for me to remember in regard to apps and to my life in general.  Freedom!

 May God shower you with comfort, joy, love and peace this Christmastime.

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...