29 November 2012

Noble November


 November is definitely one of my favorite months for many reasons.  I love that the weather is
generally autumnal, the pace slows a bit, the Thanksgiving holiday kicks off our Christmas season and the home school choir performs their concert.  Knitting and crocheting call my name as we spend more hours indoors.  Despite the colder temperatures, I also quite enjoy running during this time of year. I know that winter is around the corner, so I press into the remnants of autumn, while anticipating the Christmas holiday. 

 Lately I have been busier with teaching and tutoring my students than I have been in many years.  I would say that the years when I was teaching them to read and to do basic math were the only years that required more time investment.  Consequently I have not had the discretionary time for my blisses as in the past.  On top of that, we are busier as a family, so my "margins" have become narrower.  I desire to view these changes as catalysts for positive change, even though I cannot see exactly how that plays out at present.  (And yes, I am "playing hooky" from some school planning which I should be doing in order to write this post.)

 Well... one positive is that I don't feel choked and panicked about this change.  I definitely do not like it, but it is not "freakin' me out."

 What's new in your life today?  What do you love or hate about November?



Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...