28 September 2012

Finding the Path again



I've been feeling "lost" and aimless for a couple of weeks now.  Beyond doing the daily responsibilities, I had not been motivated to do much else.  The snippets of time available in many of the weekdays did not inspire me to pursue much other than reading books. I very much enjoy reading,
however I realized that after some days of reading at every possible moment, listlessness was immediate upon putting the book aside.  I successfully perpetuated my habit for some days because the joy of reading overshadowed the listlessness ever so slightly.

Fortunately my season has shifted, and I am again motivated and inspired to more than reading.  (As a matter of fact, I made a deal with myself that I would finish writing this blog before I tear open the package of a newly arrived book or read the freshly downloaded book on my beloved Kindle.)   I've helped one of my amazing daughters bake two cakes over the last week and baked some yummy pumpkin bars myself.  

Additionally, I pulled out my quilt squares some days ago and sewed sashing between the blocks to create rows of my forthcoming quilt; despite the mistakes, I am pleased with the result and looking forward to a cranny of time for sewing the sashing between the rows, which will join the blocks into a large rectangle.  Then it's all downhill!

Another item from my list of things I wanted to do over the summer which I have been working upon is knitting Christmas gifts.  Currently I am working on a project to see if it's something I can feasibly accomplish before Christmas.  While I have no gifts knitted as of yet, I have begun the process.

On the promotion/upgrade front, we are still waiting to hear back from HughesNet about our upgrade.  I am thrilled that we opted to have our internet problem fixed instead of waiting to upgrade.  Maybe it will happen before the end of 2012.  As it goes in the natural, I am also still awaiting insight into my spiritual promotion/upgrade.  It will be exciting to see what happens!

My husband has had two job interviews this week, with a call back interview coming next week.  Thanks so much for your prayers!  Please, don't stop praying for us.

I'm so grateful that God hears the cry of my heart and knows me so well that He nudges me along the way.  Where would I be without Him?  He's faithful even and especially when I am aimless.

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...