05 September 2012

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One



I saw this pinned on Pinterest awhile back and pinned it to my recipes board.  Finally yesterday I tested the recipe.  Yes, it is scrumptious, and I love that it uses whole wheat pastry flour!


1 T. unsalted butter, softened
½ T. unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
½ T. packed light brown sugar
1 T. beaten egg (cover and chill remaining egg for tomorrow’s cookie)
1 tiny splash vanilla
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 tiny pinch salt
1 T (heaping) of grain-sweetened chocolate chips

In a small ramekin or microwaveable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon.  Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract.  Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Microwave on high for 35 seconds.  Let rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.

Amy’s notes:
I used regular white sugar and semi-sweet chocolate chips.  I also returned my cookie to the microwave for 10 extra seconds, which was just about right for my microwave.  If it still looks gooey around the edges after 35 seconds of microwave cooking and 10 seconds of resting, you might want to return it to the microwave briefly.

I do plan to make this again today, although I will use a tad less fat and sugar to see how it turns out. 


Amy’s Final Note:
I did make this cookie again, using 2 tsp. of butter and 1 tsp. of each of the sugars; this was quite as good as the original.  This cookie “baked” in only 35 seconds in the microwave.  Delicious!

 Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...