03 August 2012

Nearing Summer's End

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net


I've been asked several times in the last week "what did you do today?"  My days have been packed and busy, but my reply has honestly been, "I have no idea."  The interpretation of that at least partially is:  "aside from laundry, cleaning, cooking, school work, office work, miscellaneous housekeeping work, correspondence and reading, I am not currently working on an all-consuming project."  I should have probably said something about enjoying my "time off."

I also made that batch of crockpot granola;  it was not crunchy enough and getting too brown, so I finished it off in the oven.  The kids seem to like it.  I have not been sampling it because I am trying to follow the slow-carb idea for breakfast, which I read about in "The 4-Hour Body" book.


I did not read every page of that book, as some were not of interest to me.  I did get the gist though as far as the slow-carb thing goes.  In my opinion it's restrictive enough that I'm not interested in trying it for long.  I think I can do the slow-carb breakfast 5-6 days out of 7.  Otherwise I've adopted some of his tips and tricks to add to my low glycemic index style of eating.

We are leaving in a couple of days for Washington D.C.  Our Outreach team will be ministering in various capacities there, as well as enjoying the free, touristy sites during our well-earned discretionary time.  That trip has given me permission to relax this week and to not dive into any large project, other than prepping for the trip.  Our first day of school will occur during the week following our trip, which is another reason I haven't started into something huge and all-consuming.

Unfortunately I have not sewn a stitch on my quilt, though I do have the fabric needed to finish the top of the quilt.  I did not visit the local public pool one time this entire summer.  I have not spent nearly enough time connecting with nearly enough friends over break.  I am not ready for summer break to end!

Since that is beyond my control, I'll keep making the best of the time I have.  Who says those things in the above paragraph must happen during break?  (I don't really like public pools, so that's not a heartache for me; some of my kids however, love the pool.)  Stay tuned to discover with me what happens on the D.C. trip and how the fall plays out as we continue with the home school choir and join the home school soccer team for the first time.

What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks?

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...