27 July 2011

How sweet it is

     Pondering the past is not something I enjoy doing.  I made many mistakes in my past,

and though I have tried to clean-up messes with people, some relationships still remain a mess. Not all of my messes have been relationship messes; some were simply bad choices that I persisted in making, which have had negative consequences since that time.   Thankfully I have learned much over the years and am being improved every day.  Measures of freedom and healing have come and are still coming to me.  I've been given a new lease on life, a "do-over," which continues to affect and change me daily for the good.  I still make mistakes and am often frustrated by the reality that I struggle with some of the same things over and over again.  I am learning to remind myself that I am not defined by my history, but by my destiny.  I can choose to" try, try again," with God's help.  And I know that my life has purpose -- wild and great and full-of-God purpose. Those beliefs are part of my value system.  I believe the same things about you, too.


What do you believe?  From where do your values come?   

picture from:
Image'>http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=732">Image: prozac1 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...