30 December 2015

God Showing Off

     Because He is always with me and always at work, for me it isn't really an issue of God showing up or not.  He always shows up for me (He is in me and promises to never leave nor forsake me).  The challenge is to have eyes to see Him at work and ears to hear what He is saying as He is working.  And so I cry "show off, God, for Your Name and Renown that everyone will see Your glory and will know Your lovingkindness."  Graham Cooke suggests asking a question that is something like: "who are you for me right now, God?"  I understand that to mean "what part of who You are is it that You are putting on display and revealing to me right now in this situation?" 
     If God would let me help Him out, I am ready to make suggestions about what He could reveal to me and to the world in most situations.  Quite often I do pray and declare those suggestions with hope and expectation, and because He loves me so much, He will often move in those ways.  However, I am concerned that I am missing the overarching, deeper, higher, wider, above all that I can ask or think purposes and reveals that are the true focal point.  It's like watching the background action in a Muppets episode and completely missing the plot that is playing out in the foreground.  While it is highly entertaining for me, I miss the point.

     Open my ears to hear and my eyes to see what You are being and doing that I may partner with you in it today, Papa.  As Your Kingdom comes and Your will is done today in my life and through my life and all around me, deepen my awareness of You.  Enable me to give away all that You have given to me.  I seek You and Your face in every situation, trusting that You are showing up and working all things together for the good. Empower me to love and to honor others as You do. Amen.

(Deut. 31:6, Heb. 13:5, Jn. 14:15-17, Isa. 26:8)


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...