01 June 2015

A Social Media Lie

There’s a thought “out there” that people present only their “best side” to the world through social media and that this affects people negatively.  It’s been awhile since I first heard this thought, and I’ve been pondering it off and on since then.  Does it affect me negatively?  I say not.
It is true that my not spending much time on social media potentially lessens its negative impact upon me , which means I probably don’t recognize it immediately.  Yet, as much as hearing good news from someone else about something in their lives can cause jealousy to arise or can trigger a “poverty mindset,” social media only impacts me negatively if I choose to go down the path of negativity.
You got me — I am saying that social media does not control me or anyone else.  The reality is that each one of us has the responsibility and authority to control our own self.  A person can give that control over to someone or something else, but it resides with each person.
Social media is an opportunity to rejoice with others and to believe for the good things that are ahead for each one of us; it’s a momentum thing.  Ride that wave of the amazing things He is doing on the earth with expectancy. He is always up to wonderful things!  (How I love seeing Kingdom truth show up in the world without any religious clothing on it!)
Self control may be an unfashionable character quality these days, but it is a truth that cannot be ignored or denied.  How much better a world this would be if each person pursued excellence in self control!
{I had promised myself that I would not duplicate posts at both of my blogs, but. . . this one seems to fit the landscape of both.  My apologies to anyone who is reading both.}

Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...