04 October 2013

Tribute to Daily Minutia

  Running is a staple in my life for which I am grateful.  The opportunity to do something athletic outside is not something I take for granted.  Sox, our first family dog, and Moose, our current family
dog deserve honor for being my faithful running partners.  Alongside of being tireless, they were/are quiet, devoted and protective.  I would not be able to run at the time or to run the route I do currently without the company of a running partner -- thank-you!


   Another constant in my life more recently is 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt.  This metabolism revving treat became a frequent guest at meal and snack times after I attended a "Happy Hormones" seminar in 2011.  Since that time, it is a daily feature, thanks to the influence of "Trim Healthy Mama."  Currently my favorite way to eat it is mixed with 1 teaspoon Polaners All Fruit with Fiber Stawberry, 1 - 3 teaspoons natural peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of ground flax meal and sweetener to taste (I generally use Truvia).  This delicious combination (or some variation) satisfies tummy and taste buds.  Hail, 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt!

   Recent up-and-comers that warrant a mention include the glucommanan based puddin's and custards that are in the THM book and floating around out there on the forums and blogs related to THM.  Easy to make and to tailor to what flavor you are craving, these snacks will also fill up your tummy, indulge your taste buds and add fiber to your diet.  Making more than one serving at a time means that I have something delicious awaiting me in the 'fridge for those crazy days when there's not time to prepare something AND there are not-on-plan goodies calling my name.  Hip-hip-hooray! for "glucci" treats!

  What minutia in your life in fact serves and benefits you and deserves tribute?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...