26 April 2012

Transpose:


reverse order of things; move something to different position; change setting of something. 

It’s that time of year again – serious school planning time.  I feel the breath of the ending school year on the back of my neck as I sprint toward the finish line of planning for 2012-13.  Generally I have discovered that I enjoy this part of my job, although it is often accomplished in fits and starts because the current school school year is still in progress.  In the process I also usually learn new things or re-learn forgotten things.

My favorite new or re-learned bit of knowledge thus far is the handy feature in Microsoft Excel called “Paste transpose”.  This has saved me hours of data re-entry now and will save me hours of frustration next school year, allowing me to re-style assignment sheets into a more user-friendly format.  If you don’t use Excel and/or this feature, here’s a picture of what it does:



I think I’d like a button in life like this one to help me to transpose things.  Were I to have one, on this day I think I would start with my attitudes, beliefs and trust levels.  Come to think of it, I do have one; transformation by the renewing of my mind is Holy Spirit's job. 
What would you like to transpose in your life today?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, to transpose fear into faith and trust. To be able to look outside the tiny window of my limited sight and see that God has a much bigger picture that He is waiting for me to discover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, Kate. I am tracking with you! Thanks for commenting, also. I love reading your blog and being inspired by your words and art!

    ReplyDelete

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...