19 May 2010

First day of summer vacation

Up at 6:30 am and spending time with Papa.  Was about to shower, when I heard a whimper and odd cough outside the bedroom door.  Seven-year-old, dear daughter was feeling hot and stuffy; her temperature was elevated, so after some pain reliever, she went to recline and read on the couch.  Later she ended up going outside to "cool off."  When I came out of the shower, I found her in our recliner in our bedroom reading Calvin and Hobbes.  She wanted to know when I was planning to make her the waffle I had promised her.

During my time with Papa, He reminded me that my personal revival and transformation started on Pentecost and that Jesus has done it all.  It was great to remember that the law was to show all of us our need for Christ and that I am a Son and full heir.  I am so thankful for all of these truths!  Right now I am wrestling with not letting go of my dreams (the few that I have discovered) while being tenaciously present and blooming right here where I am currently planted.  It's kinda like being pulled to directions at once.

The other thing I realized was the I don't necessarily like some of the interactions I have with others.  Suprisingly what I mean is that I would rather they be deeper and more meaningful.  The Lord gave me a picture that in the puzzle of my life, sometimes my life's edges only touch the edges of others lives.  I prefer the interlocking interactions for the most part.  It makes me sad and causes me pain to miss out on those kinds of connections.  That's something I'm not sure I completely believed or understood before.

One of my besties stopped over for coffee this am, after the waffles were made and cleaned up, the email was answered or dealt with, the desk cleared, the laundry started and the 7 dear ones sent on their ways toward their first official summer vacation day.  She arrived around 9:50, and a pot of coffee and 3 hours later she had to leave.  Time goes by much to quickly when we are together.  I always feel "filled up" after we have chatted.  I want to CREATE and talking with her made me even more restless.  I also ended up hunting down the movie "Julie & Julia" at the Brookston Library, which led to the process of getting a new library card which is good at a number of libraries, on my way to get groceries and other necessities this afternoon. 


Shopping days seem to wear me out entirely, so after unpacking the things that were perishable with the help of my 16-year-old daughter, I took a short nap and finished reading a novel that had only 2 chapters left.  I finally started supper, washed the lunch dishes and finished putting away the rest of the shopping trip.  Dear hubbie was a bit late for supper, so I had time to take another nap before supper. 

Dear hubby later pulled my wedding gown treasure box out of the closet, opened it and had me try my gown on.  He actually was able to zip it up!  7-year-old daughter also tried it on before we packaged it all up again.  What fun!  Then hubby and I went for a walk on this most lovely Indiana evening.

Lots of loose ends from school and life to tie up, though I don't need to get them all finished this week.  Mostly I need to go through dresses to see what we can find for the girls to wear for the outreach this weekend.  The other things may take more time than I end up having -- we shall see.  One thing that is really hard to manage right now is my desire to create...The last couple of weeks have afforded me the opportunity to be creative in practical ways, like sewing for the play, baking for the reception and open house.  But somehow that wasn't enough.  One of the reasons I started this blog was to find another creative outlet.

I saw the coolest run-down building today.  It had a couple of trees growing out of its windows, which made me think about the determination to live and grow in difficult circumstances.  How did those seeds ever germinate?  They must have greedily sucked up every errant ray of sunshine and every drippy drop of rain water.  I want to be that kind of a person! 

Yesterday I heard from a friend some very disturbing and sad news.  It's overwhelming and made me sob.  Papa, this is Your opportunity -- bring Your Kingdom into their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...