30 December 2013

Lost and Out of Synch

   Finally ran again today for the first time in over 4 weeks; actually I think I did run one day in there, but decided afterward to sit it out a bit longer.  May this experience be the convincing proof that running in broken down shoes is simply NOT an acceptable money saving technique!

   The run was a good beginning to this week in which I intend to find the path again and to synch
with Holy Spirit.  The slower pace of my daily "run" is reflected in the receding tension in my neck and shoulders.  Perhaps I will pick up some knitting today.  After all, my minding the minutia "to do list" is somewhat short and fairly do-able.

   On a deeper level, the rumblings in my spirit and soul are:

  • Reflecting on the truth that of the increase of His government there will be no end and how to live out that in real time here on earth.  
  • Longing to host His presence with more awareness and sensitivity as well.  
  • Attempting to remember that going down to the enemy's camp does bring encouragement and freedom, despite that seeming an illogical strategy.  

    Teach me, Holy Spirit.


    Looking back at my words for 2013 --  hope, dream, receive my peace, and enjoy the process -- I can see that hope, receiving peace and enjoying the process came to pass with regularity, while I did not dream as much as I would have liked to dream.  It feels to me like "dream" will be carried over into 2014, since my husband spoke that to me last evening.  

   What will be my word(s) for 2014, I wonder?  [Rest, balance, trust. . . ?]


  
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...