18 September 2013

Keys (and lots of fab links!)

  I love autumn and the expectation of Thanksgiving and Christmas arriving anon.   I love the change in the temperatures and the crispness of the air, even though these signal that winter will arrive soon enough as well.  I love...

 Being famous for love, that's what life it truly about.  Nope, not famous for the "things" I love, but
for loving God and others.  "Loving Our Kids on Purpose," "Keeping Your Love On," "Powerful and Free" and "Culture of Honor" are a sampling of books, written by Danny Silk, that put feet to the powerful truth that the two greatest commandments are love God and love others.  I find them to be helpful, instructive, life-changing and practical in regard to this key to having a meaningful life.

 Another related key I have been reminded of recently has to do with strengthening my heart.  To love well, my heart needs to be strong (in the Lord and the power of His might).  Holy Spirit had whispered it to me as a reminder many days ago, then confirmed it through our Equipping Time lesson by Stacy Campbell.  So get to the key already, you are saying!  The key is praying in tongues, which links me directly to Papa and which builds me up.  I also find that peace follows closely on its heels, as do wisdom and clarity.

  Kris Vallotton mentioned a third key: speak to my soul.  David spoke to his soul as recorded in the Psalms (43:5):  "Why so downcast, oh my soul?  Put your hope in God."  This key is currently being used successfully to help people, including me, to walk out of pain and be healed.  What my soul will tell me when asked is instructive and beneficial.  I have begun to learn why I react a certain way when I am in similar situations.  From this insight, healing and freedom are allowed to do their superlative work.

Minding the Minutia

  On the home front, school is rolling along quite nicely; routine can be soothing.  I am also finding more Trim Healthy Mama foods that I love to eat, like Skinny Chocolate and Muffin in a Bowl.  Hooray for the blessing of yummy food!

  Soccer season is nearing its end, which I know the kids will miss.  It has been a learning experience.

  There is breakthrough happening in our lives, which is kind of odd because it's currently occurring without fanfare.  Whatever...I will take breakthrough!!! C'mon!!!

  What keys is God showing you and/or reminding you of lately?


Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are available! Just click on the Follow button or subscribe above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, send me your comments and questions, along with your e-mail address if you would like a private response.

A New Season Ahead = Necessary Changes

Hi, friends. Thanks to all  of you who have ever visited this blog and/or followed it. I appreciate it very much! Finding myself on the ...